Way back in 1922, our group’s founder LALA SIYARAM, after studies, was inducted into business by SIR SHRI RAM, of DCM group - who had predetermined that this young student of his has to be the pioneer in starting the auto components business, at a time when every item used to be imported and so also all the automobiles. There were no petrol pumps and petrol used to be sold in cans.
Since then, there was no looking back for him.
Young Shri. SIYARAM JI, with his entrepreneurship, zeal and enthusiasm, established the business fast - and on sound footing. With virtually no manufacturing of components in the country and costs and restrictions on imports, the greatest task was sourcing, fabricating and looking for interchangeability of components. Almost immediately after starting business - SIYARAM`S became famous all over the country for ”HARD TO GET PARTS - OUR SPECIALITY”. The firm was registered as established importer and used to import under licence.
In 1939, he moved from Old Delhi to set up a prestigious showroom at CONNAUGHT PLACE - the most premium shopping area of Delhi.
In the year 1945 another wholesale showroom and administrative office at KASHMERE GATE was established. Till that time, there were hardly any shops / showrooms for components in this area, catering to bureaucrats and high dignitaries living in civil lines area which housed the secretariat also at that time.
By this time he was joined by his eldest son SHRI. JANKI VALLABH GUPTA and his cousin SHRI. UMA SHANKER GUPTA - both of them with their hard labour and long term planning expanded the business.
In the year 1954 we moved to a new and more spacious showroom to cope with expanded activities at Kashmere Gate. Although still, the culture prevalent was for preference of imported spares only, SIYARAMS were the pioneers in taking up distributorship with Indian manufacturers, for marketing their products to start wholesale activities besides retail business.
In the year 1958 we opened a branch at JAIPUR in Rajasthan to cater more efficiently and promptly, to the trade in Rajasthan.
In the year 1959 we also established a manufacturing unit under the name and style of M/S. SIYARAM KUMAR ENGG WORKS PVT. LTD. which has grown into a well equipped high-tech machine shop with patronage from OE customers like TATA, TAFE, ESCORTS, FORD etc.
In the year 1968 we opened an additional new and bigger showroom at Connaught Place.
In the year 1972 we opened yet another branch at KANPUR in Uttar-Pradesh.
In the year 1984 we established a unit by the name of SRB Mouldings, for Injection moulding of precision plastic components as job workers for the consumer industry at Mangolpuri Industrial Area in Delhi.
In the year 1986 we established a new showroom at GHAZIABAD in Uttar-Pradesh.
In the year 1990 we established yet another showroom at G.T. KARNAL ROAD, Delhi, exclusively for Maruti Genuine parts as Maruti`s first authorised stockist for spare parts, for serving the Maruti Authorised Service Stations and other dealers / retailers
During the years 1994-97, we established additional branches at VARANASI, HISSAR, JODHPUR, LUDHIANA, UDAIPUR, KOTA & GANGANAGAR. Subsequently, after a few years, we decided to shut down these branches owing to a tragedy in the family and as part of consolidation & re-structuring.
In the year 1997, we were appointed as the authorized distributor of TALLY software, with exclusive rights to customize the software as per customers’ needs. We set up a separate office at Bhikaji Cama Place in Delhi for this business.
In the year 1998 we were appointed as DISTRIBUTORS of CASTROL range of products and established another branch in Delhi exclusively for CASTROL.
To take our charitable initiative to a much higher level, we built a modern 45 Room Sewa Sadan in the holy city of Haridwar, Uttaranchal. The Sadan is maintained by our family trust by the name of Siyaram Charitable Trust.
In the year 1999 we were awarded two businesses by EXIDE, the EXIDE LOGISTICS CENTRE their mother godown for North India, spread across 20,000 sq. ft at Okhla and their BAT-MOBILE service, a helpline for automotive batteries.
In the year 2000, we were appointed as the exclusive Distributors for Genuine Spares of passenger cars of Tata Motors for the entire Delhi.
In the year 2001, to further our relation with end customers, we setup a State-of-Art Automobile Service Centre at GT Karnal Road in Delhi.
Same year i.e. 2001, we also started a Sales-Service-Spares Dealership of Piaggio Vehicles at Ghaziabad.
In April 2011, Castrol India Ltd., extremely delighted by our working, awarded us one more zone of Delhi. We have setup another dedicated branch for distribution of lubricants at Mangolpuri in Delhi
In January 2012, further diversifying,we have opened a exclusive Samsung smart phone cafe in the Connaught Place.All the high end Samsung smart phones & tablets can be experienced live at this showroom.
We have the privilege of being the Authorised Distributors / Stockists for the following products ever since their inception.
- EXIDE BATTERIES
- CASTROL OILS & LUBRICANTS
- FINOLEX CABLES
- MAHLE PISTONS & GOETZE PISTON RINGS
- MARUTI, HM, PAL, as their authorised jobbers
- GOODYEAR, DUNLOP, FIRESTONE TYRES.
With the grace of Almighty, we are still going strong and represent many more prestigious products. With our fourth generation fully involved in this business, we are sure of growing leaps & bounds.